Friday, July 15, 2011

Surviving Carmageddon in Glendale

Dear residents of the San Fernando Valley,

Yeah, the 405 closure is going to cause us to all rethink our plans and routes for the weekend, but here are some alternatives to going over the hill this weekend....

Cruise Night! - Brand Blvd. is being closed to traffic from Milford to Broadway for the classic car show, food, and entertainment on Saturday.  Come on out from 5-10:30 tomorrow and have some fun!

USA! - Women's World Cup Final is on Sunday morning; how about heading to the most local watering hole and cheering on the American women with the neighbors while enjoying a pint?  Of course, I'll be at the Tavern on Brand, hootin' and hollerin'.  If you haven't been to the Tavern and like a laid back bar that doesn't exactly look like a dive, then you've gotta come out for this game.  It's bound to be a scene; even if it's just me and the wife cursing at the TV's.

But of course, I'm heading to Runyon Cyn tomorrow morning to survey the damage, if any, that has been caused by carmageddon.  Naturally, I'll check in on Laurel Cyn during this visit, and even subject myself to the possibility of traffic heading north from Mulholland to the 101.  What can I say, I'm curious!

No comments: