Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Walking LA: Los Feliz

A couple of years ago for my birthday, my wife (then my girlfriend) got me a great book called Walking LA, by Erin Mahoney Harris.  It's a fantastic book of various walks through neighborhoods and points of interest in LA, and we've taken up the task of trying to complete all 38; we're about halfway there.

This past weekend we went on the Los Feliz walk, which takes you up into the hills and past Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis-Brown House, then down to Barnsdall Art Park and Wright's Hollyhock House.  It's a great walk and one heck of a workout.  There's an abundance of stairs, both in the hills and at the park, and the whole walk is about 3.5 miles.  There's more factoids in the book-tour, but here's a few photos that I took along the route...

Last Minute Deals from hotels.com Canada!

Public Walk Los Feliz Hills Ennis-Brown House Landmarks from Barnsdall Hollywood from Barnsdall Park Barnsdall Dedication Mural

No comments: