Thursday, October 25, 2012

Long Beach's British Invasion

Okay, I get that Long Beach has the Queen Mary, so we're bound to attract tourism from the UK to our sunny Southern California destination.  And the Princess Diana exhibit that is currently showing at the Queen Mary is no doubt a big draw.  But my ears have noticed a rather large uptick in the King's English being spoken in Downtown LB.  Not sure exactly what gives....any reader insights?  Any Brits want to clue me in as to why my town is such a popular choice for UK tourism?  Any other specific spots in town that you've come to see?  The curiosity is beginning to get to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.