Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bally's Makes Me Nervous....

Now, I'll be the first to exhonorate the fitness club chain if everything closes without a hitch, but let's just say that I have my doubts.  Currently, I have a membership at Bally's that is paid through 7/3/2009.  I signed up shortly after moving to the neighborhood, knowing that I needed a gym, and that with my recovering shoulder I didn't care if there was a basketball court.  Well, now that my shoulder is better and there are no Bally's locations with a court that are within a reasonable distance, I've decided to terminate my Bally's membership and switch to 24 Hour Fitness, since their 2 closeset locations to me have courts for me.  Makes sense, right?

So, in cancelling my Bally's membership, the nice lady on the phone (not her fault it took 20 minutes to get in touch with her) explained that I was paid through July 3rd and would no longer be charged for monthly services.  However, on Monday, I received a letter in the mail from Bally's that was a bill for next months payment!  I'm hoping that 's just them implicitly begging me to reinstate my membership, but I've got this nagging feeling that they'll just accrue a balance as a "late payment" if I don't do anything.  However, in looking online, I did notice that it said my membership expires 7/3/2009.  So, I'm hoping everything goes smooth with this transition, but I wanted to post my concern so that if the worst happens, I at least get to say that I called it.  I mean, I've heard stories, so I don't think I'm reaching to far with my concern, here. Tell me I'm not crazy! ;-)

No comments: