Monday, February 21, 2011

And The Bias Continues...

Yesterday I attended the NBA's All Star Jam Session at the convention center.  I'll be the first to admit that they put on a great showcase and marketed a great product for fans well beyond those attending the Weekend's main events.  BUT... The NBA committed a cardinal sin this weekend when it comes to connecting with the local audience this weekend, akin to calling a guy named John, 'Robert.'

Both inside and outside the convention center, Jay-Z's Empire State of Mind was played over and over and over.  Don't get me wrong, I like Jigga, and I liked that song until it became grossly overplayed, but the All Star Weekend was not in New York, no matter how many times Alicia Keyes screamed for the Big Apple over the sound system.  Agreed, LA needs a new anthem (see a previous post), but don't dis the host city like that, Dave....not cool!

No comments: