Monday, December 19, 2011

Even Tim "Tebow's" for the Same Reason You Do!

....for the attention!
 
Am I the only one that sees what is horribly wrong with the below headline?
 

Packers, Tebow lose, but Colts win

 
Yeah, I'd hope 1 person taking on a team would lose.  Badly.
 
The whole Tebow-Mania thing is an absolute disaster, and evident of many things that are wrong with our society.  Sure, blame the media for the above headline and the egomania it proliferates in this country, but it all starts with Tim himself, and his ingenious but sacreligious marketing scheme.
 
People praise Tim Tebow for being a great player (good Sunday player, I''ll consider conceding), an inspiring leader, a model Christian, and I believe that the ladies find him easy on the eyes.  But what supposedly makes Tebow who he is, is the Christian interconnection that he brings to the table.  A southern boy with a wholesome heart.  Makes great TV, right?
 
The biggest reason that I can't stand Tim Tebow is that I don't believe him.  I think it's a ploy; it's a farse.  Tim Tebow has chosen the veil of Christianity as a marketing conduit to achieve attention.  To me, that's the most hypocritical action a person can take.
 
My moment of epiphany came a couple of weeks ago when both the Tebows Broncos and Packers won on last second field goals.  I couldn't put my finger on what turned me off so much about this supposedly good guy that everyone has been gushing over until I saw Tebow's reaction to a winning field goal vs. Aaron Rodgers' reaction.  And no, I'm not a huge Aaron Rodgers fan.  But Rodgers, just as you would expect any QB to do after the winning kick, jumped up, ran onto the field holding back a huge grin while giving a mini fist-pump, found his kicker and gave him the "atta boy" that he deserved.  Rodgers celebrated with his teammates for a moment, then went about shaking hands with his opponenets.  Tebow watched the kick go through in his signature stance (praying for a camera shot, no doubt), bowed his head quickly as the ball went through the uprights, then hopped to his feet and headed over to hug....coach?  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the QB coach he hugged after that nail-biter of a game they just one.  Comradarie?  Lost on you, Tim?
 
I'll continue to give the guy opportunities to suprise me and change my view of him, but if this is truly who Tebow is, this arrogant individual is not worthy of being the NFL's posterboy any more than Ochocinco.

No comments: