Monday, December 19, 2011

Shopping Local: LA's Santee Alley

In the spirit of supporting the 99% this Christmas season, and with the mantra of shopping locally, I decided (as I do every year) to head on down to Santee Alley in LA's Fashion District (12th, between Los Angeles St. and Maple will put you in the heart of it all) to do some of my Christmas shopping.

This place is fantastic.  It doesn't matter what you're looking for, and it's actually better to head down there without an agenda, because you come across some gems when cruising the Alley.  Be it fragrances, t-shirts and athletic wear, suits, shoes (my God, the shoes), watches and other Jewlrey, gadgets, toys, $5 sunglasses (a staple of mine), luggage, handbags, hats, and oh, the Food!

I was able to avoid the bacon-wrapped hot dogs this go-around, but that's an anomally.  And of course I found a Christmas present for my nephew before heading home.  If you've still got some shopping to do, definitely come on down to Santee Alley!

Here's some pics from the Alley and the Fashion District...


 




No comments: